Actually, I just want to share something about my Chemistry lecturer here.
I still remember the 1st lecture when we met him, he say that he is a Dr, and he finished his PHD somewhere in New Zealand or Canada.
(I forgot already...)
And then he said that he will dismiss us 10 minutes earlier in every lecture, as he knows our concentration last only about 40 minutes.
He seems like a professional, and we all are so impressed.
But that's was only during the 1st lecture...
Starting from the 2nd lecture onwards, we discovered that something is really wrong with him.
He is the worst lecturer I've ever met so far.
He can spend 1 hour discussing only 4 questions with us, I mean easy calculation questions.
Sometimes he didn't even know how to do the questions he set himself.
There's one time where the question require us to find volume of the liquid, but instead when he show on the OHP, he go and find the mass of the liquid.
We told him that he was wrong, but he kept on arguing with us on that. What the heck?!
Then at last he redo the calculation, and since it's already correct, we didn't further argue with him.
He once said that he'll let us go 10 minutes earlier in every lecture, but it turns out that his classes are always overtime.
Besides that, his way of teaching is really confusing.
Imagine that, he taught us rubbish in the lectures, and asked us to go back study lecture notes ourselves. What the hell?!
I'm already getting blur starting from Chapter 2 onwards, and I still don't understand a single thing about Organic Chemistry when he had already finished teaching Chapter 9.
Oh, my God. I don't know why I go to his classes.
Before Chemistry test 2, I attend Mr. Faisal Taha's extra class.
The things my lecturer teach for 4 weeks, I understand all in only 2 hours.
How come there's so much difference in the quality of teaching?!
Other than that, he's usually very impatient in the class.
He'll get furious even if some people just turn around and talk to friend.
His face which is already dark, will get darker everytime he start lecture.
I don't know why is he so angry.
It's not that he is Rector and everybody have to listen to him.
Frankly speaking, his lectures sucks...
Recently something happened that shocked me.
My friend whose test paper was wrongly marked, went to ask him about that.
Then he told my friend, that he's Dr, not Mr. (my friend mistakenly wrote Mr. in the space for lecturer's name)
I was really angry when my friend told me this, but I didn't particularly keep this in heart, as it's not me who 'kena'.
Today in the lecture, he started to scold us and say that he's disappointed with our test 2, and he expected us all to score above 80.
I want to shoot back him that time: "How can we get over 80 with such a lousy lecturer like u?!"
Then he say something that really startled me.
He said: "And one more thing, I'm a Dr, not Mr. Some of u still put my name as Mr. It's very irritating sometimes, u know? If u got title, then use the title...."
WHAT THE ****?!! I was really pissed off that time, and I think everyone in the class felt the same as me too.
He was lucky that I didn't take the broken chair seat in front of me and whack him in his head.
What kind of lecturer is this?!
Actually I was planning to write a complain letter to the Rector after the class, but then nobody seems to support me, so I didn't do it.
Actually I don't understand how UTP management works.
How could they let someone so terrible like Chandra Mohan to teach us Chemical Engineering students? Chemistry somemore...
He's totally a joke, and a jerk too.
I wonder where he get his PHD from, and how much he paid for that.
I just wish that my junior will be careful not to get him as lecturer or tutor...
Singapore Gathering 12/12/2025
7 months ago

3 comments:
Hey... Sorry as i didn't visit ur blog 4 e past few days...
4 this post, all i can say is...
WAY 2 GO!!! U r like soooo cool man...
All e best in ur finals n c u around.
N i'm not scared watsoever...
Ciao,
Philip
haha, seems that im the first chandra mohan's student to post a comment!!But for pity's sake!! he's forced to teach us and what he can do is to sacrifice his time for our lectures and prepare lots of questions for us(though is copied from the Internet!!HAha)What to do?He is a senior lecturer and he should b teaching the undergraduate students instead of us!Thus, what i mean is that u have the choice to angry him kuat kuat but please at least give him a letter of condolence later...
我 个 人 觉 得 你 写 到 有 点 过 分。。。 当 你 开 始 不 喜 欢 一 个 人 时, 你 就 已 经 开 始 对 他 有 偏 见 了, 你 会 不 喜 欢 甚 至 讨 厌他 往 后 所 做 的 大 多 事 情。 请 试 着 从 另 一 个 角 度 去 分 析 整 件 事, 你 会 发 现 他 也 有 好 的 一 面。 个 人 有 个 人 的 教 书 方 式 和 想 法, 你 不 能 接 收 他 并 不 代 表 大 家 都 不 喜 欢 他。
Post a Comment