I wrote this post almost two weeks after the movie was on theater, so that most people would have watched it before reading.
Honestly speaking, it was not as nice as I expected.
Yes, the movie is grand, full of terrific actions, Transformers fighting, but I wouldn't call it a good movie, because it simply doesn't have a good storyline.
This film is absolutely plot-less, just a 2-hours long video made of all the 'woo's and the 'wah's...
There are so many new Transformers appeared in the movie and were not introduced, and I wouldn't know their names if I didn't check online.
The bad-asses (a.k.a. Decepticons) all look basically the same as the others, and we have to keep figuring which one is dead and which one hasn't.
For me, that's a big failure in making a film.
Let's take a closer look at the characters in the movie...
The Autobots (good guys):
This female Autobot, I wouldn't know her name's Arcee if I didn't look up the internet..All I know is there are 3 motorbikes in the movie, probably no action at all, got shot straight after they met with Sam and transformed to robots.
I was like, what the hell? An absolutely useless role created by the director, just to make both sides look balanced a bit...
This is Sideswipe, another new Autobot in the movie:
I didn't really spotted him throughout the whole movie. All I saw was a silver car, and I mistook it as Jazz, and I was like, "I thought Jazz was dead already??".After some research online, then only I know it's another new member of the Autobots, and the car it transformed into is so cool, Corvette Stingray, and I pretty much like it (I used 'stingray' as one of my nicknames.. ^^)
Corvette Stingray concept carIt appears to me as a pretty awesome character, so I wondered why it has so little on-screen role in the movie.
Like I said, the director's concept of balancing...
Like I said, the director's concept of balancing...
They first appeared as an ice-cream truck, and it was so damn 'cacat', but the cars they became afterward are so much better:
Chevrolet Trax (Mudflap)Anyway, these two are the jokers of the team.
Useless I would say, pretty stupid, and I wondered why the director gave them the black American slang...
Discrimination huh? I wouldn't know... >.<
Here is another Autobot I liked in the movie, Jetfire:
Transformed from Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird, this old man is pretty much a big fellow, making it seems all gigantic and superior, matching its characteristic in the film.At first when I saw symbol below the aircraft is that of a Decepticon, I was like, "oh shit, this is not good...".
Luckily it turned out to be an Autobot, which I kept thinking, "if he has switched side, why don't he changed his symbol as well?".
But anyway, he's an adorable character, funny and wise at the same time.
Luckily it turned out to be an Autobot, which I kept thinking, "if he has switched side, why don't he changed his symbol as well?".
But anyway, he's an adorable character, funny and wise at the same time.
In this 2nd movie of Transformers, he seems to be a lot powerful than he was in Transformer 1.Apparently he is the descendant of the great leaders, the Prime family, and he was killed by Megatron at the middle part of the film.
The movie became dramatic at the end when he was revived, and Jetfire gave him his body parts, then he suddenly turned into some super-strong hero, kill The Fallen so easily while he once wasn't even able to defeat Megatron (Fallen's pupil).
I still haven't been able to accept that drastic change, and I believe a lot of people felt the same way.Sorry to all the Transformers' fans, but there is only one thing I could say about it: absolutely ridiculous.
The Decepticons (bad guys):
This one car really attracts me at the beginning of the movie, Audi-R8.It's cool, the kind of car I would have if I got the money, but too bad it's a Decepticon.
Speeding along the street, then got cut into two by Optimus.
I'm not sure Audi company will be pleased by that, or maybe it's their idea of promoting their car?
Ravage, a beast-like Transformer, looks like a tiger to me..It appeared pretty strong in the beginning of the movie, releasing the tiny steel-like marbles to destroy the lab and steal the all-spark piece.
However, I was kinda disappointed when it was skinned alive when the battle started off at the desert.
Bumble-bee pulled its 'skeleton' out, that sucks... >_<
Devastator, the monstrous combination of 7 Decepticons:
I thought it would be very strong, seeing that his size is so big.It seems like he knows only to 'suck' things, climb up the piramid with a huge effort, and try to destroy the upper part of it, then get shot by a ship's missile, and die... what a loser....
And here's Megatron, revived again after been killed in Transformer 1, and as usual, turn into something very cool, a huge-ass tank.
I gotta admit, these Decepticons even though they are bad, they've got the style.War jet, tank, helicopter, sport car; a lot more fashionable than those trucks and domestic cars of the Autobots, way cooler...
And here is The Fallen, once the member of the Prime family, the master of Megatron:
He does look scary for some reason, and he doesn't have any facial similarity compare to Optimus Prime, even though they are from the same family (in fact, none of Optimus' ancestors look anything like him.. weird...).But anyway, he is quite strong among the Transformers, but he ended up face torn and heart pierced by Optimus, too bad for him...
Last but not least, Starscream, the coward of the century.I kinda like him when he said to Megatron at the end of the movie, "I'm not saying that u are a coward, but sometimes, being a coward can keep u alive".
Hahaha, that was like throwing a hot fresh shit to Megatron's face.. so embarrassing... XP
Apart from the shitty plot and lousy characters I mentioned, there is one more reason why I hate to watch Transformers, that is...
Megan Fox is smoking hot!!!
It kills me everytime to see this hottie on screen, especially her 1st scene when she lean on the bike. Fuu yoh~~ Mind-blasting!!! (*Russell Peters)
How great could it be if there's someone as hot as her in UTP, or even half as hot will be good enough.. Agree with me guys? XD
As a conclusion, Micheal Bay proved to the world that even though the storyline of this movie sucks, Transformer 2 still becomes the most-watched movie all around the world.
I wouldn't say that the movie is a terrible one and strongly discourage people to watch it, but it's a no-no for me.
Let just hope that Transformer 3 will not be worse~ >.<


4 comments:
Bro..
Wat i read frm reviews..
U know y so many robots? Coz according 2 them dey wan sell more toy figures. Can earn a lot money. So dey jz create a lot den kill them off lamely so not 2 disturb the so called plot...
I oso dun think its worth all the hype people r creating.. N sorry but i think megan fox's 'hotness' is overrated. SHe is hot but not like until need 2 worship her likedat.. Got others much hotter jz not so popular oni..
oh come on, Philip.. I know u like young girls like the SNSD, but looking through all the Hollywood stars, Megan Fox is still one of the hottest~ ;P
i agree with raymond lo,there is no one worth more to worship other than her--- MEGAN FOX. i am a gal also i like her so much.
eh, should put more her sexy pictures la, instead of those pieces of steel. more eye-catching. perhaps can increase the traffic to your blog ler.
haha, I'm not like Renae they all lah, earning money from blogging, so traffic good or bad doesn't matter to me anyway..
besides, I wouldn't want anyone to stay on my page too long just to see her pictures, that'll cause havoc, lol... XP
Post a Comment