Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Makan?

It has become a part of my daily life, smsing friends everyday to ask them to eat together with me.
But sadly, since I did it from the start of the new semester, not even once they reply and say: "Ok, let's eat together..."
Can u imagine a person lost his appetite not because the food is too bad to swallow, or the environment is too bad to coop with, but because he has no one he can eat together with?

My wish for the new semester is to have friends to eat together with me everyday, so pathetic, yet so truthful.
The fact hurts that I've become like an alien here in UTP, asking people as if I'm begging them to eat together with me, and yet no one did so...
Below are a few people that I often sms them and always get back the same reply:

Y. Y.: "Got class..."
~ Seems like the ICT students memang busy.. everytime I message sure got class, kesian nya...

Jui Boon: "Eat ady..." or "I'm outside nw, want 'tapao'?"
~ I can't complain much about him lah, since he did asked me whether I want to 'tapao' or not, so I eat quite a lot of his 'tapao' but never actually hang out with him a lot...

T. P. H.: " "
~ I don't know what to write, because this fellow never replies me.. I don't know where he bought his handphone, but my sms never reach to him. Whenever I pm him, he'll like: "Huh? Ya ah? I never receive ur msg leh..." Haih... go change ur phone lah, Tee...

J. Z. - I never ask him to makan, but I did asked him to call me whenever he wants to go for sports, and he never did.. Can't blame him also, PE students memang busy...

Philip: "I got class lah later..." or "I don't want to eat lah nw, got work to do..."
~ I try to avoid talking about this guy as much as I can... I used to treat him as my best friend here in UTP, but the truth proved that he simply doesn't care. I know he also tired of all my complains and 'lectures', so I'll just leave him be lah...

I don't know why I became like this...
I know there must be something wrong with me, but I never figured out why.
There's one time when I went for dinner and met my friends eating there also, so I sat down together with them.
Through out the dinner, the only thing I said was:
"粉肠,吃饭没叫我..", and that's it...
No words came out of my mouth after that, as if they are all strangers. They talked among themselves, as if I'm a stranger too.
These people I considered them closest to me in the whole university, and yet it turned out like this.
It affected me so much that I couldn't sleep that night, repeatedly thinking about that incident.
How I could ended up like this? If it was 3 years ago, I could never imagine that I will one day become so pathetic, so desperate, feeling so lonely and so hopeless.


However, there are some people here that really cares about me, and for that I'm grateful.
Here also I want to specially list out and thank these people for their caring and concern:

My 'mates' (roommate and coursemate): Adi, Reza, Azlan...
Now I always hang out with them after classes, and it's really fun to mix around with them, feels like I'm half a Malay already... =p

COP church members - whenever I posted a sad or negative caption, they will pm and ask me how's my life and everything. God bless u guys.
Especially my senior - Jesse, who took his time after prayer meet to come visit me and listen to my story.
I was surprised, but it was nice to have someone visit me. Thanks..

Serena, Henry, Joel - the few people in UTP who, when sees me eating alone, will stop by to chat a word or two with this 'old man'.. Thanks, juniors.. (^_^)

Mei Le - ajak me makan the first time I posted up my wish of having friends to eat together, but never did go out to eat until recently, which was a very awkward one...
Girl, next time please let me know if u're inviting someone else, so that I can be more prepared, ok?

Jing Ming - I never really did ajak him for makan, neither did he ajak me, but everytime we meet he'll ask: "eat ady?", and it warms me up even a little.. Thanks, bro.. =)

Last but not least, the new friends I made: Chee Hui, Hui Lin, Wan Sin, Joon Heng, Hui Shiong, Xiao Han...
Thank you, knowing u all really makes my life a lot happier, especially that Chee Hui, although he did make me very angry once... >_<

Studying in UTP is definitely a big turning point in my life.

All these years, it teaches me how to live alone, to eat alone, and the most importantly, to survive alone.
I'm no longer the boy who clutch to his family, to his friends, but a guy who can stand alone, with or without anyone else.
Thank you UTP, u are such a great place..

8 comments:

Tka Jayhunn said...

walaaaa....no wonder ur so skinny..hahaha..dun be so sad la wey...when ur alone surround urself with frenz k?cheers~

oh,btw,i got blog oso...hee...nak buat promosi jap..
link:

http://tkajayhunn.blogspot.com/

do visit..haha~

p/s:i've added u to my list~

evil yun said...

Jia You!!

You know, sometimes you just have to "persuade" urself into enjoy being alone. Not the easiest thing to do I must say... but hey, life is too short to be feeling sad leh!

Cheer up soon! And take care!!

Eat well too okay?

Anonymous said...


有时念到你的post还真的为你担心。

大学,人固然多,当然不能成为每个人的最好
朋友。如果找不到能同生共死的朋友也并非世界末日。就以一份平常心看待,很多事可以拐个角来做的。找不到朋友陪你吃饭,就当着是自己relax的机会,在一个不必顾及别人的情况下用餐。要不然就回到房间边吃边看戏等。

有时人与人之间需要黏胶才能成为朋友的。黏胶=共同点。让人家慢慢接受你。千万不要显得desperate!

其实,说真的,对孤独这感觉麻木了,就不会痛了。学习孤芳自赏,但不是叫你搞自闭。

可能是你想太多了吧..有时人总会把小事放大看,胡乱猜测。

或者会不会患上微微的忧郁症?生活真的不是‘不是一就是二’的。每当想起不愉快地事时,把focus转到其他东西。忧郁症不好玩,可是世界上很多人却患上它。只要有坚强的心,一定可以克服的。

像你写的,千万不要忘记:你身边还有很多人都在关心你的。小小的行动足以表现他们
对你的重要性,开朗的say hai,关心他们,开心的和他们谈天。但要提醒的是:要moderate,不要显desperate/fake,还有,别人也需要私人空间的。

祝福你。

Anonymous said...

whoa, youre posting sensitive issues about the people around you in public? :)
but i guess for me, eating alone is fine. somtimes i dont mind doing that at all because we do need some 'me' times and eating alone really helps. most of the time i just tapao back to the room and watch a serie while eating. so dont worry about not eating with people. start worrying if youre not eating at all. okay? cheer up. :)

Anonymous said...

Heyyy dude! Long time I didn't drop by your blog, How are you?
Erm, how come most of the entries are so emo wan? The Raymond I know was very friendly, nice and easy-going leyy... That's why I was like "Huh???!!!" that you stuck in this kinda matter among friends, even after 3 years in UTP.
Well, Perhaps different people treats this aspect differently. For me, I don't mind having meals alone, in fact, everyone might have meals at different time. Of course, it would be nicer if we can eat together with other friends, can chat while eating. Perhaps Im a weirdo, I duno how to enjoy life. sometimes I would rather eat myself, as I can spare the time to do other things which I think is more important, as you know, if eat with some friends, sometime they would sit down and continue chatting for a long time after meals. And normally I eat faster, I feel weird while waiting for the rest of them to finish. So I normally eat with only 1 of my friend, or even alone. But the rest of the time, same as you, I enjoyed mixing around with all my fellow friends.
This is just a matter in part of our life, and this is Life. There will be some more things which are more worthy for you to pay more attention to. I'm sure you know this point very well, yet sometime stuck yourself in the other problem. So always learn to distract yourself from those unhappy matters, cherish those who love you alot, and whom you love. You are doing it well, and I'm sure you will overcome those problem very soon.
Take care my friend, and cheers!! Hope we will meet again one day very soon!
(Gosh! Im so long-winded)
Im currently studying in IMU. Damn busy and tiring. Sigh, Life sucks...hahahahahaha :P :P

Lim Kian

Raymond T. said...

很多人跟我说,一个人吃饭没什么大不了的。
我说,偶尔一个人吃饭是没什么大不了,可是当这种现象持续了超过半年之久,它就成了我一种的困扰。

可能被某人说中了吧...
我早前就有点‘不正常’,mood swing 很厉害,有时无缘无故就会变得很忧郁暴躁,不知道是不是轻微忧郁症呢?

一个人吃饭吃得麻木了,有时有人陪的时候反而很不舒服。
我们大学里的华人只占了差不多5%,和我同batch的华人也只有40几个,大家应该很要好才对,怎么就偏偏只有我一个人落得寂寞呢?

Anyway,我也知道这种事不能强求,就让它顺其自然吧...
不管怎么样,还是要谢谢大家的关心和祝福。
谢谢~~ (^_^)

Anonymous said...

啊。。。好熟悉的词哦!Mood Swing...
之前常常出现在我的网志里。当然,现在也有,只是自己开始比较会调适。
这不是忧郁躁郁症,是很正常的心情起伏,每个人都会面对,也会出现,只是明显或不明显。还有,思考是好的,但如果方向有所偏差,就会变成想太多,那样就很容易造成自我困扰。我也是常常想太多,不过还好,在一定的时间内就可以调适过来。
朋友之间,尤其是在大学,真的,很难强求,本来看似理所当然的事,很多时候都很难达到,就像你所说的,华人朋友是少之有少,但有时候,就能入你所愿。像我在读A-level时,最要好的朋友是一个印度人。这也没什么阿。。。
可能你得想法把自己绑得太紧了,一直在想是不是自己的问题。嗯。。。
就,真的,顺其自然吧!凭着自己的感觉走下去,你会更快乐的。加油!

Lim Kian

Unknown said...

大概你和我是属于同一种人,我是那种没了朋友就不能生活的人。。 不能一个人吃饭, 而且会觉得超寂寞如果要我独自一个人过生活。。 一天两天或许我还能生存, 但若一个星期一个月那简直要了我的命!所以我能深深的体会你现在的感受!我觉得这情形应该可以改善吧!我觉得你应该从人际关系方面下手。。向上帝祈祷吧,祈求他带领你走出这阴霾。。 我相信你可以的,我的“师傅”是万能的。。 对吧?

勇敢努力的踏出第一步, 一切将会有所改变哦。。cheer up o!!!^^

p/s: if i was sent to UTP i'll definitely teman u makan de.. too bad petronas dun send me there.. =.=

wish to c a happy cheerful Raymond soon! all the best yea!

Related Posts with Thumbnails