Saturday, July 7, 2007

Call from Hong Kong

Wow... It has been so long since I last posted a blog.
It can't be help, because it's hard to get online here in my hometown.
My holidays have been half boring and half exciting.
Today, I would like to share some incident I've encountered in my holidays.

Some girl from Hong Kong called me one morning, saying that she's from a jewelry company in Hong Kong, and would like to do a survey with me.
After a short survey, she gave me a set of numbers, saying that my name will be put into some kind of lucky draw during their promotion at KL.
Then their true motive revealed slowly.
The girl called me several day later, inform me that I've won a trip to Las Vegas in the lucky draw.
I was surprised, but instead I asked her if I can change my prize into cash, as I can't go for the trip.
Then she say with my prize convert into our currency, I can get around RM270,000.
I was thinking, "Man, this is so fake..."
So, I decided to play with them.

I checked on the website, and found some other similar cases same as mine.
So, when they asked for my bank account number, I created a new account and give the number to them.
A few days later, they called me again, this time saying that I have to pay a number of RM2,000 for the insurance fee.
I asked them why wouldn't they draw out that amount of money from the one I won, then they expalined a whole bunch of their country's law, which I don't understand at all.
Then I say I don't have that much money, then surprisingly, they stop calling me.
A few days later, my friend received similar call from Hong Kong, just that this time it's an electronic company.

Here, I would like to advise all my friends.
If u receive such call, do not entertain them.
They are really a bunch of troublemaker, cause they will called u everyday, as if they do not have to pay for their telephone bill.
Please be cautious and aware of this kind of tricks.
That's all from me today, God bless. ^~^

2 comments:

Edgar said...

hahaha. smart move!!

yeah, i've heard lots of stories like this before too. must b extra careful oh.

Josiah & Renae; said...

super smart la u! so proud of u la my csemate! lol. so happie to see that u have posted smth on ur blog. muz be xtra careful alrite whenever it comes to situations like this. hoho.

Related Posts with Thumbnails